Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whats the easiest way to add a WaterMark in iPhoto? without spending a Million!

HELP.. will Apple release an update for iphoto with a watermark feature?

Whats the easiest way to add a WaterMark in iPhoto? without spending a Million! ive instaled a plugin (Impressions) but i can't bloody find it on My MAC or in iphoto

http://bluecrowbar.com/impression/ can anyone HELP Please? 😠😕

Why is Apple and Developers Making it hard for us, "the Gerry's"

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 11:18 PM

13 replies

Mar 4, 2013 8:27 AM in response to RustyRecords

1 - no one knows when or if Apple will do anything - and speculation on Apple policies is forbidden by the TOU of this forum

2 - there are many solutions - google is your friend

3 - no one is making anything hard for you - you are trying to do something that is not offered - no one ever promised that any software will do everything you can think up to use it for - if it does not hyou want then purchase different software that does like with any otehr product

4 - support requests for Bluecrowbar products needs to be addressed to teh company that supplied the software

LN

Mar 12, 2013 7:36 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi. I tried your suggestion by creating a signature in Preview. It's not working as you noted above. A footnote at the bottom of the signature window in Preview states that an Annotations drop box will open when PDF's are open in Preview. I tried opening a jpeg in Preview and a PDF in Preview and neither one revealed a dropbox to add the signature. Any suggestions on what I should try next or may be doing incorrectly? I also tried making Preview the external editor in my iPhoto, and when I opened a photo to edit, Preview appears, but still no option to select the signature from the Annotations dropdown.

Mar 12, 2013 9:06 AM in response to 4seaable

I hadn't seen that signature feature until you mentioned it. However, there's a MacFixit article this week about that very feature: How to extract Preview's signatures for use in other applications, It might shed some light on how to use it.

If you have a lot of photos to watermark you might want to consider some of the watermarking apps that are available here: MacUpdate: Search for 'watermark'. There's a pluging for iPhoto among them. Would save a lot of time.

I use Photoshop Elements when I need to watermark or annotate a photo

User uploaded file

Mar 12, 2013 9:08 AM in response to 4seaable

That feature is not for photos - it is for signing documents like letters and contracts

Preview (like all Mac programs) has this really neat feature called Help - yoou can always find it at the right end of the application menu bar

it says

User uploaded file

Sign a PDF document

You can take a picture of your handwritten signature and then add it to any PDF document.

ShowTake a picture of a signature

HideSign a document

1. Click Show Edit Toolbar.
  2. From the Signature pop-up menu, choose a signature.
  3. Click the location where you want the signature to appear.If you click a line, Preview shrinks the signature, if necessary, to fit on it.

ShowDelete a saved signature

You, of course, can always use the Apple feed back to suggest adding a similer "watermark" feature for photos to iPhoto and/or to preview

LN

Mar 12, 2013 9:28 AM in response to 4seaable

I may be preaching to the choir here but this might be of help:

Using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements as Your Editor of Choice in iPhoto.

1 - select Photoshop or Photoshop Elememts as your editor of choice in iPhoto's General Preference Section's under the "Edit photo:" menu.

User uploaded file

2 - double click on the thumbnail in iPhoto to open it in Photoshop. When you're finished editing click on the Save button. If you immediately get the JPEG Options window make your selection (Baseline standard seems to be the most compatible jpeg format) and click on the OK button. Your done.

3 - however, if you get the navigation window

User uploaded file

that indicates that PS wants to save it as a PS formatted file. You'll need to either select JPEG from the menu and save (top image) or click on the desktop in the Navigation window (bottom image) and save it to the desktop for importing as a new photo.

This method will let iPhoto know that the photo has been editied and will update the thumbnail file to reflect the edit..

NOTE: With Photoshop Elements the Saving File preferences should be configured as shown:

User uploaded file

I also suggest the Maximize PSD File Compatabilty be set to Always. In PSE’s General preference pane set the Color Picker to Apple as shown:

User uploaded file

Note: to switch between iPhoto and PS or PSE as the editor of choice Control (right)-click on the thumbnail and select either Edit in iPhoto or Edit in External Editor from the contextual menu. If you use iPhoto to edit more than PSE re-select iPhoto in the iPhoto General preference pane. Then iPhoto will be the default editor and you can use the contextual menu to select PSE for your editor when desired.

Whats the easiest way to add a WaterMark in iPhoto? without spending a Million!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.