Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my PowerBook G4?

Hi there,

I have a PowerBook G4 running on Mac OS X 10.3.9

If this helps it also says:

Processor: 1Ghz PowerPC G4

Memory: 768 MB DDR

It is the 12" version

It keeps crashing in safari when I do a google search, and will not let me download iTunes or anything else?!

Can I update it, so I can use it more?

Apologies for my non knowledge, I bought it second hand for uni, to do music editing on, then haven't really used it since, and want to use it more.

Any suggestions? And thank you in advance :)

Take care,

Norris

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 9:04 AM

Hello,

Personally I would look to install either MAC OS X 10.4.11 Tiger or better still Mac OS X 10.5.8 leopard.

You get the same problem as I do with my iBook which has Mac OS X 10.3.9 on it.

You could always try installing another web browser like Camino or FireFox for Mac OS X 10.3.

The truth is, Mac OS X 10.3 is out of date now and I don't think they will work any better.

You can get retail copies of Tiger or Leopard from some online vendors, but it's not cheap.

You could try Amazon or eBay.

Hope this helps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2013 9:04 AM in response to Norris65

Hello,

Personally I would look to install either MAC OS X 10.4.11 Tiger or better still Mac OS X 10.5.8 leopard.

You get the same problem as I do with my iBook which has Mac OS X 10.3.9 on it.

You could always try installing another web browser like Camino or FireFox for Mac OS X 10.3.

The truth is, Mac OS X 10.3 is out of date now and I don't think they will work any better.

You can get retail copies of Tiger or Leopard from some online vendors, but it's not cheap.

You could try Amazon or eBay.

Hope this helps

How can I update my PowerBook G4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.