Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i find my lost iphone if i have the fi d my phone app but my location service is off

how can i find my lost iphone if i have the finf my phone app but my location service is turned off

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 9:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2013 10:09 AM in response to j.cruznunez

- Go to icloud.com, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and send the iPhone a message of where you can be reached.

Otherwise, the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPad and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPad (it erases it) using it.

- Apple will do nothing

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Mar 4, 2013 10:12 AM in response to j.cruznunez

The find my iPhone app has nothing at all to do with making your device trackable in iCloud. The app is used to track a device from another iOS device.

To make a device trackable you would have to have setup an iCloud account on the device, then enabled the setting for find my iPhone under the iCloud account settings (and enabling that would have also turned on location services). If you did not do that, then your iPhone is not trackable with iCloud.

how can i find my lost iphone if i have the fi d my phone app but my location service is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.