Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I teach os x Server mail that messages are ham not spam?

Just set up a new Mac Mini Server and while the GUI is simple, it is perhaps a bit too simple.

I know that it is running Spamassasin for Spam checking and Clam for Virsus - but beyond the simple options to:

[] Enable Virus FIltering

[] Enable blacklist filtering

[] Enable Junk Mail Filtering - with a slider from Agressive to Cautious

There appears nothing to help the system leran that some messages are Ham not Spam.

If I put the slider to Moderate or Cautious the volume of delivered Spam becomes huge.

There are some messages that are getting taged as Spam and they should not be - but becasue that tagging is coming from the Server, I don't get the option in Mail to click the option at the top that the message is Not Spam as I use to.

I use to run a CentOS system and via Webmin could easily adjust my Whitelist and Blacklist entries. There must be something similar for OS X Server, somewhere.

I use to be very proficient at command line coding, building and tweaking - but that was years ago. Webmin was a crutch and kept me from being truly dangerous. Now OS X Server seems to be too high level in not giving me that needed granularity to teach and adjust.

Is there an application hidden somewhere that I am missing which would be helpful? Is there a third party app that would permit this sort of granularity?

Or, are there both a Whitelist and Blacklist files hidden somewhere that can be simiply edited via the terminal or with a text editor?

Also - where does the server put notes that are determined to be infected with a Virus? It has caught a few - all from spammers, but I am not sure where they are being put. The Notice the system sends is nice, and even there it suggests that I add the sender to the blacklist --- but doesn't say how.

Appreciate the help.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2 x 2.8 Quad Core

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 11:13 AM

There are no replies.

how do I teach os x Server mail that messages are ham not spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.