Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 and MacX iPhone DVD Ripper

I have a little problem with my Apple TV 3 and MacX iPhone DVD Ripper (version 2.5.2). NormalyI import DVD's with subtitles (hardcoded) as mp4 file. If I use "Home Sharing" on my Apple TV the subtitles are 50% hidden. If I watch the same movie using QuickTime via Airplay the subtitles are fine. I already tried everything in the settings on the TV and Apple TV without success.

Any idea anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

/ / Yvonne

Apple TV, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 11:05 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2013 10:17 AM in response to SeaBeast

Hi Seabeast,

It isnt illegal to copy a DVD. Judges have said that consumers have a right to copy a DVD for their own use!

Say, for backing it up to another disk or perhaps watching it on another device, such as an iPod. ( Maybe the rules in canada are not the same as in europe )

Could you please give me some help for my problem?

//Yvonne

Mar 5, 2013 11:55 AM in response to Yivi_Bee

Apple prohibit discussing this kind of thing.

See:

Keep within the Law

1. No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.
  2. Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise 'work around' digital rights management software or hardware. This includes conversations about 'ripping' DVDs or working around FairPlay software used on the iTunes Store.
  3. Do not post defamatory material.

https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/tou.html

Apple TV 3 and MacX iPhone DVD Ripper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.