Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover missing notes? I use yahoo mail and the "Notes" app within mail, contacts and calendars is set to ON.

Hi. I have lost several pages of notes in the iPad notes application on the iPad2. I have read that there may be a way to recover them via an email account, but the posts reference Gmail. My email account is Yahoo. Has anyone successfully recovered mysteriously disappearing notes on the iPad 2 via Yahoo mail? Thanks in advance.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 1:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2013 3:52 PM in response to Annemomof3

You should be able to recover notes from a backup, if you backup the iPad, but try this first and see if the notes reappear.

Quit the Notes app completely and reboot the iPad. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Can I recover missing notes? I use yahoo mail and the "Notes" app within mail, contacts and calendars is set to ON.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.