Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On one of my Macs the contacts are duplicated

On my iMac the Address Book shows two accounts (Mac & iCloud). Thus the contacts are duplcated. On my other Mac (MBP) there is only one account and that is iCloud. Thus the contacts are not duplciated. I assume that the contacts on the MBP are never resident on the Mac, but stay in the cloud. How do I get rid of the duplcates on my iMac? There does not seem to be any way I can click off the local file (Mac).

27" iMac-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 4:26 PM

Change the view (in Contacts) from All Contacts to All iCloud.

10 replies

May 21, 2013 9:36 AM in response to Csound1

I would LOVE to do this, as I have the exact same problem: duplicates of every group I've made and dupes of every contact on my iMac: 1. On my Mac (which I'd love to hide) and 2. iCloud (my choice to keep).

However, in the View menu, my only choices are: Groups, List and Card, or Card Only, and only affects what I see in the UI. No ability to choose All iCloud, as you mention.

I've gone into Prefs and see no option there, either. I've made iCloud my default account, but that didn't change anything.

Thanks for pointing me in the non-dupe direction. This has been a PITA.

On one of my Macs the contacts are duplicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.