Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How modify business card template Pages '09?

Hi!

I want to modify an existing template for business cards. The problem is that when I start with a new document from the template, it pulls the information from my Addressbook and then when I save as a new template, the imported information gets saved as part of the template.

I want to be able to use the existing template, modify a couple of the fields, and then have it do a clean import/merge from Addressbook.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Tim

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 11:41 PM

Hi Tim,

The imported information does not 'get saved as part of the template.' What gets saved is the field definitions of thes fields displaying the information.

The fields on the business card templates are Sender Fields. They are automatically filled with data from the card in your Address Book identified as "Me" or "My Card". To replace that data with data from a different card, open Address Book, find the card you want to use, then drag its icon to the document and drop it onto one of the fields.

All of your information will be replaced with information from the selected card. Fields for which there is no matching information on the card will show the field label for the field from which they are expecting information.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2013 11:41 PM in response to tim_r_66

Hi Tim,

The imported information does not 'get saved as part of the template.' What gets saved is the field definitions of thes fields displaying the information.

The fields on the business card templates are Sender Fields. They are automatically filled with data from the card in your Address Book identified as "Me" or "My Card". To replace that data with data from a different card, open Address Book, find the card you want to use, then drag its icon to the document and drop it onto one of the fields.

All of your information will be replaced with information from the selected card. Fields for which there is no matching information on the card will show the field label for the field from which they are expecting information.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 5, 2013 3:36 AM in response to Barry

Thanks Barry,

What confused me was that the preview shows the already imported data and that there was no clear update when a new document was created. However, I tested more after your reply and I see you are correct, even though the preview still shows the imported info.

I do find it amusing though that the link dialogue in Inspector does not include iPhone as one of the phones, nor does it allow you to select custom email fields. Oh well.

Cheers, Tim

How modify business card template Pages '09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.