Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Mountain Lion and Pro Audio Applications (Ableton, Logic, Cubase, etc)

hi guys, first time post in thse forums. I have a MBP i7 late 2011 model that came with OSX Lion installed. im curently on the last release of Lion (10.7.5) and have thought about upgrading to ML. i do a lot of audio production with ableton live as my main composition DAW and other apps as well. i also have a DIGI 002r that id love to use when im in my studio, however i havent been able to get it to run on Lion (tried downloading/installing all different Core Audio Drivers from the Avid site). im thinking maybe it has to do with the fact that its Lion and maybe it will run better on ML, however before i upgrade i wanted to get everyones opinion on how well all these programs run on ML as well as how good peoples Macs run on ML. ive heard good and bad things and i understand that no 2 systems will run the same no matter how similar they are. any opinions/outlooks would be much appreciated 😎

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.2 GHz quad (late 2011), 16GB RAM

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 4:36 PM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2013 7:05 AM in response to simon_lefisch

Hi! I´m a music worker, I have an iMac 12.1 with Lion 10.7.5, running Cubase Artist 7 and a lot of VSTi's and VST FX with a Steinberg Ci1 USB audio interface, all work fine and rock solid in 10.7.5 but for curiosity I upgraded to ML 10.8.3 and WOW! all looks OK and nice BUT all audio soft are unstable with a lot of glitches! in Cubase, Asio Guard don't work correctly, I test for a month with ML 10.8.3 and finally I come back to Lion 10.7.5 and all my projects runs fine and smooth again.

Thanks and sorry by my bad english.

Jun 9, 2013 9:47 PM in response to Janomix

thanks for the reply. i still havent upgraded as ive done some research and decided to stay with Lion (10.7.5) as well. i feel that with the way the OS is heading (ie; integration of more "iOS" style interfaces/apps) its just gonna slow my MBP down. i bought my mac beacause i wanted a stable workstation, not to use it like an iphone. glad to hear that your projects are working 🙂

OS X Mountain Lion and Pro Audio Applications (Ableton, Logic, Cubase, etc)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.