Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoomail

Hi I am unable to access my yahoo mail, message show incorrect password for apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com.

iPad, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 12:06 AM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2013 7:44 PM in response to GrumpyGator

I am having the same problem as of 3/7. I can access my Yahoo mail on my iPhone and iPad via Safari or the Yahoo app but when I try to add the account via Settings, Mail, Add Account, Yahoo, etc. I get the error message that says "user name and password for apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect". AND I've been sending emails to Yahoo via Customer Support and receiving NO acknowledgment or response from them.

Mar 13, 2013 4:24 AM in response to LoriDTexas

You won't get a response from them. I do think it's something on their end, simply because I couldn't access one of my yahoo accounts from the PC yesterday. Lasted a few hours then it was back. I haven't noticed any issues iwth my iPad access.

I do think they're doing things with their servers that are messing with peoples' accounts. Unfortunately no idea what to do beyond keep trying. Yahoo's messed it up, it's up to them to fix it.

I do know that there have been issues with people getting their yahoo accounts hacked by spammers. Happened to me, happened to others I know, may or may not be related. I would think if you can access your yahoo via other means - on a computer, through the mobile browser - then it's just them messing with their servers. But if you get that password wrong on every attempt, either you're not typing well or maybe your account has been compromised.

Mar 13, 2013 4:49 AM in response to LoriDTexas

I have been able to bypass that problem on Yahoo side successfully by downloading and installing yahoo mail app. Once you sign in to that app it has capability to tell you what is wrong and after typing in some scrambled text, my yahoo started working in regular mail app as well. That advise was provided by ATT wireless support btw. They mentioned something about increasing security. Since then I keep yahoo and google mail apps running on background. I do not use those, but just in case.

Mar 13, 2013 8:07 PM in response to ajayjainsaab

I have always had problems with Yahoo as well. AT&T is my service provider which is powered by yahoo. What has helped me to avoid a lot of the problems is to forward all my e-mail to my iCloud e-mail address. On my phone and iPad I have two accounts.....one for iCloud which has all the buttons "on" (e.g. Mail, contacts, calendars, etc). For the yahoo account I only have the mail turned to "on".

Yahoomail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.