Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set up Mobile Me account

Hi all,

I had to select icloud as the topic but I am using a macbookpro, not the very latest so icloud isnt on here. however I can use something similar recommended by mac called, MobileMe.

However I am struggling to find the account set up area so I can actually use this function (mobileMe)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 2:50 AM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2013 3:01 AM in response to TheChanont

The minimum requirement for iCloud is Lion 10.7.2 (Mountain Lion preferred): the iCloud Preference Pane does not appear on earlier systems - the MobileMe pane appears on Lion and earlier but is non non-functional - you cannot now open or access a MobileMe account.

You can set Snow Leopard up to access the email on an existing iCloud account which has been set up on a compliant device, and you may be able to sync iCal using an unsupported (and possibly unreliable) hack, but no other facilities will work. You cannot open an iCloud account on Snow Leopard.

This page outlines the limited use you can make of an existing iCloud account with Snow Leopard:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudSL.html

To make proper use of iCloud you will have to upgrade your Mac to Leopard or Snow Leopard, provided it meets the requirements.

The requirements for Lion are:

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space

To purchase it you will have to ring Apple at the number given at the bottom left of this page.

The requirements for Mountain Lion are listed here:

http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

It is available from the Mac App Store (in Applications).

how to set up Mobile Me account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.