Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody tried to import MacPro from U.S.?

I need two 3.06 12-core MacPros (CTO configurations). Does anybody tried to import MacPro from US? Let's say from Apple US dealer directly or relatives?

MacPro, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 1:16 AM

7 replies

Mar 5, 2013 11:38 AM in response to sony1

If you attempt to import as new, you might be able to get around the import rules, but you will probably have to pay the full VAT in your country.

If you have relatives who could buy in the US and ship to you, they could ship them to you as used, and the tax may be less. I doubt customs would believe they are a gift, especially two.

As always, shipping overseas has two flavors: Very expensive or Very slow.

Mar 5, 2013 11:48 AM in response to sony1

The Apple store only sells to people with a US billing and shipping address, and a US based method of payment, so you cannot buy directly from Apple in the USA from overseas, nor have it shipped to anywhere outside of the USA.

So, you would have to have someone here buy it for you, and they would then have to privately ship it to you, with all the possible problems Grant already mentioned.

Wouldn't it be simpler to buy from any other EU store? For example, the UK store will ship directly to Austria and I thought that any of the 15 EU Apple stores allows purchasing in any store and shipping to any of the 15 EU Apple store countries?

Does anybody tried to import MacPro from U.S.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.