You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how does iphone 4s model no A1349 work without a sim? cause i cant find a sim tray on it

there is no sim tray for my iphone so i wanted to know how this piece works, the previous carrier was verizon and now i want to add vodafone as my carrier how will i be able to do that or in that case would i possibly be able to take any other carrier on my phone plz reply i live in India

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:33 AM

CDMA phones store all connection information in firmware. The only way to move that CDMA phone to another CDMA phone service provider is to get the new provider to flash the firmware with their settings, and no CDMA provider in the USA will do that or ever has.

That phone will never connect to any other network than Verizon's with a Verizon plan.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2013 8:33 AM in response to brysavio

CDMA phones store all connection information in firmware. The only way to move that CDMA phone to another CDMA phone service provider is to get the new provider to flash the firmware with their settings, and no CDMA provider in the USA will do that or ever has.

That phone will never connect to any other network than Verizon's with a Verizon plan.

how does iphone 4s model no A1349 work without a sim? cause i cant find a sim tray on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.