Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Converted MP3 Corrupt (Skips like record)

So I've been searching and I have not been able to find my specific issue out there. So here it is. Hope someone can help.

I purchased a new vehicle with a 30Gb HDD. Unfortunately, it doesn't play ACC so I have to convert my music to MP3. Not a big deal since it's a built in feature in iTunes. The problem I'm finding is that a lot (not all) of my songs will skip like a record player around the 3-3.5 minute mark. The song will still play to the end. it just has this annoying skip. Sometimes a song will also cut off the last few seconds.

When I play the same MP3 through iTunes, it will skip at the same point so this tells me there is something wrong with the conversion. The orignal purchased song is fine. I delete the MP3 song and reconvert and it seems to work. This is just a pain as I'm finding more and more songs that are corrupted. I also have not listened to all the reconverted songs yet so I'm not entirely sure reconverting will work every time.

Is there a setting that is causing this? Is there another conversion method that is more robust?

Thanks for any help.

24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Mac Mini, iPod Shuffle/Mini/Nano 1G & 4G/Touch 2G

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 6:00 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Converted MP3 Corrupt (Skips like record)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.