Hi, did you manage to solve this?
I have a similar issue:
- Suddenly, more than one week ago, I could not unlock my Mac, hence I believed that my domain password had exipred
- By using Outlook Web Access I logged in with the old password, which made me realise that the password wasn't expired after all
- I thought it was useful to change the password anyway, and I did that using OWA
- I got back to the Mac and realised that I could not login with neither the old and new passwords!
- I forced reboot the Mac, and now I can login only with the *old* password, the one that stopped working!
Since then, I need to use the old password on the Mac and the new on all other network resources associated to the domain. All of this happened while in my office, so no networking complications. I have spent time with the Mac still on the same network but the new password never got 'propagated' to it since.