Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot delete apps on my iPad.

I have an iPad, the original, and I cannot delete apps from the iPad screen by holding down the icon until it shakes and then x-ing it out. I hold it longer than necessary. It works on my daughters iPad 2, and all our iPhones. Myfriend has the first gen iPad as well, and she IS able to delete hers. She has a delete apps restriction you can turn on and off under settings, but in my settings that is not an option for me which is weird, we both did the latest update, the only difference is hers is a 16g wi-fi, and mine is 32g 3G plus wifi. This is pretty frustrating. We googled to see if there was a solution.... I re-booted, but no change. I don't know if I have to restore it to factory or what.... Thanks for any help in advance.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 7:48 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2013 7:53 AM in response to Usmcbarber

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

A full restore might be in order if that doesn't work

Mar 5, 2013 7:58 AM in response to Usmcbarber

If you have no Restrictions in the settings, my assumption is that you somehow purchased a store demo model. I also believe that the only way around this is to restore as new.

Are you in fact saying that you do not have restrictions in your settings? Do you have the setting for a Passcode in the settings?

I cannot delete apps on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.