I downloaded an embarasing erotic ibook and now it shows up on my kid's ipods, my wife's ipad. I know you are thinking what an idiot and he deserves it, however now that I have been caught and shamed by my wife the joke is over. Now I just want to get rid of the **** thing but no matter what I try it won't go away from the purchased section of ibooks.
Does anyone know of a way to delete a purchased book so it is gone forever?
Hi Michael! I have a question about how to "hide [an] item in your purchase history" as you describe above. In an earlier post you say to do this:
"Go to your purchase history > Books, hover the cursor over the book and click the "x" to hide the eBook. It will no longer show up in any cloud libraries."
How exactly do you access your "purchase history"? From iTunes? I tried accessing this from iBooks on my Mac (just downloaded the free software update and now it's an app) and it will not let me access my purchase history or even delete or hide any books. Let me know if you get a chance, thank you!
Found a (slightly contorted) way around the iPad/iPhone/iPod problem (the hidden books not disappearing from the purchased list).
- First, follow Michael's advice above.
- Then, just go to the iOS7 settings, goto iBooks settings, and switch off the "Show all purchases" option.
- Go to iBooks, all purchases have disappeared. (to be sure, close the app altogether)
- Go back to settings and switch on the "Show all purchases" option.
- Go to iBooks, and the purchases show up again, but the hidden books have disappeared.