Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I find my stolen ipod without icloud activated?

My daughter's iPod touch was stolen from her during school. She had never downloaded the iCloud app and I am told by Apple support there is nothing they can do to help me any further. Does anyone out there know a way to locate it without iCloud?

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 8:55 AM

30 replies

Mar 5, 2013 8:59 AM in response to kerryd11

No app is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have to iPod play a sound via iCloud.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.

- Apple will do nothing

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Mar 5, 2013 10:20 AM in response to kerryd11

That won't locate it, and I doubt that anyone who answers would be foolish enough to tell you who or where they are, but it's possible that your daughter or her boyfriend might recognize the person if they were to answer. It's certainly worth a try. It won't work if the iPod had a screenlock passcode on it since the thief wouldn't be able to use the iPod to answer it; they'd have to restore it which would erase all the settings (which they may well have done already in any case).

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

Feb 23, 2014 11:08 AM in response to kerryd11

In my opinion, the fact that you have the findmyiphone or not won't change sh*t because that thing is litterally useless... you need wifi in order to track it and the only place where you could get wifi is at your house. plus if someone stole ur phone they won't be able to connect it onto a wifi connection because they don't know ur password.So you have to set your mind because you will not be able to track it again if u it was stolen. Apple won't do anything to try to help because obviously they want to make cash so they want you to buy a new device... its sad but thats the way it is. They are trying to reply with the "your ipod has to be connected to wifi" but what they are trying to say by that is Go F*ck yourself and Buy a new device because you will not be able to find it again. I hate the fact that you pay like 800$ for a phone and because some D*ck stole ur phone you wont be able to do anything else but to buy a new one. Finally the "contact the cops" wont change anything because anyone could have stole your phone and the cops won't go look for a specific person just because they asked you to. the only way they are going to get your phone back is if either its someone who steal a lot and they get caught or if a kindhearted person (which is beyond rare) come and bring it back to the cops so the chances that the cops will get it back is 1% or even less so don't expect much. And the ''look it the old fashion" Sh*t the **** up because how could you look for something that has been stolen by a complete stranger o-O.

Feb 23, 2014 5:25 PM in response to kerryd11

I also agree that the manufacturer, apple is not interested in the interest of customers who bought with high premium cost of their products and surely not going to buy any more apple devices due to this insecure commitment from apple. I'm now promoting this incident of my iPod lost & related to all in my circule, who never new this kind of attritude from apple.

I'm sure customer focussed and support in the intested of customer is the only way forward in future for any company to perform well irrespective of how best the product is....

God bless them.

Regards,

Ravi.

how can I find my stolen ipod without icloud activated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.