Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to install catia in my mac os x 10.7.4, could you tell me how?

I wolud like to install catia to design my airfoil.so could you tel me how to instal it in my os

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 10:47 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2013 11:43 AM in response to sube.hasini

Catia is only available for Windows and certain UNIX systems. There is no Mac OS X version I can find. It might be possible to run Catia on a Mac via Boot Camp, but I would recommend that you buy one of the certified workstations since Dassault will almost certainly not provide support for running Catia on platform they haven't approved. I have my doubts that it will even run, or at least run successfully, on a laptop, though it depends on which Catia product you wish to use.

Regards.

Feb 28, 2014 4:53 AM in response to sube.hasini

You can run Catia V5 on OSX using Parallel Desktop.

I tried it on my MacBook Air (Late 2011) and it runs very well, with almost good performances like a Windows Core i5 based PC without SSD Drive.

But the question is : Why Catia will not run on OSX ?

Dassault supports other Unix based systems, like AIX, SOLARIS or HP-UX, so it would be very easy modify the source code and recompile the software for running on OSX (another Unix based system), isn't it?

I need to install catia in my mac os x 10.7.4, could you tell me how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.