Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left and Right side cursor movement causing problems

Moving the cursor to the left or right side of the screen causes the display to dim and the dock to enlarge showing open apps. Mountain Lion installed with all apps up to date. Bad enough with IMAC alone but I typically have two monitors and this is driving me nuts!!! Have turned off all Hot Corners and anything else that looks like it could have anything to do with the cursor movement short cuts.

Please help.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 1:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2013 3:03 PM in response to Gunnar 506

I forget what Expose has been changed to, but have you checked that pref Pane?

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Mar 5, 2013 5:49 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks BDAqua,

I reached a senior advisor at Apple and we figured out that a program called TaskBoard was causing the problem. Wish I had him on the phone last night. 45 minutes to not fix it last night versus 5 minutes tonight. What was happeniong with the screen is not something that OSX could cause so he asked me to look at several programs and found it. It is so good to have expertise available for customers. Glad I switched to MAC after 27 years with Microsoft based machines.

Mike

Left and Right side cursor movement causing problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.