Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow

I was running very large files in photoshop which froze multiple times. Now my entire computer is tunning extremely slow - even Safari will not launch at start-up. Any thoughts on how to get my Imac back up to speed. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 9:26 PM

What version of OS X, are you really on 10.6?????????????????????? At the very least run Software Update and get to 10.6.8, also which iMac do you have and how much RAM is installed. It sounds like your system is starved for RAM, I'd recommend using Activity Monitor to read System Memory and determine how much RAM is being used.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2013 9:26 PM in response to DX99

What version of OS X, are you really on 10.6?????????????????????? At the very least run Software Update and get to 10.6.8, also which iMac do you have and how much RAM is installed. It sounds like your system is starved for RAM, I'd recommend using Activity Monitor to read System Memory and determine how much RAM is being used.

slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.