Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set a home page for Safari on an iPad?

Bought my father an iPad for Christmas and just found out that he is having issues and confusion with it in some areas. I noticed he had no HOME page for Safari and I tried to set it up using Google's home page for Searching stuff.

I did not see any way to set a home page on the iPad and Safari.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 4:23 PM

You cannot set a home page in Safari. You can creat a shorcut to the Google site and place the shortcut on the home screen and when he taps on that - Safari will open to the Google page that you choose.

Launch Safari and navigate to the site that you want to use. Tap the arrow icon next to the URL field. Select Add to Home Screen. That will put a shorcut on the home screen to that website.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2013 4:23 PM in response to Jeff Quickle

You cannot set a home page in Safari. You can creat a shorcut to the Google site and place the shortcut on the home screen and when he taps on that - Safari will open to the Google page that you choose.

Launch Safari and navigate to the site that you want to use. Tap the arrow icon next to the URL field. Select Add to Home Screen. That will put a shorcut on the home screen to that website.

how to set a home page for Safari on an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.