Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting my wifes text messages on my phone

I'm getting my wife's text messages on my phone, how can I get rid of this.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 7:22 PM

This happens when you both use the same Apple ID for iMessage. To fix this you have two choices:

1. On one of the phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. Note: you can still share the same ID for purchasing in Settings>iTunes & App Stores; or
  2. On both phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address(es) shown under "You can be reached by iMessage at". Also uncheck anyone else's phone number, if present.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2013 7:22 PM in response to THCamp

This happens when you both use the same Apple ID for iMessage. To fix this you have two choices:

1. On one of the phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. Note: you can still share the same ID for purchasing in Settings>iTunes & App Stores; or
  2. On both phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address(es) shown under "You can be reached by iMessage at". Also uncheck anyone else's phone number, if present.

Getting my wifes text messages on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.