Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed country, when I try to make the change to my account I receive the following message:- "You have and active iTunes Match subscription; you must cancel it before you can change stores." How to cancel the iTunes Match subscription?

I have changed country, when I try to make the change to my account I receive the following message:- "You have and active iTunes Match subscription; you must cancel it before you can change stores." How to cancel the iTunes Match subscription?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 5:09 AM

You are screwed

They wont let you cancel I tunes match.

I'm in the same situation and have tried to explain this whole mess to Apple support.

They wont budge.

You cant cancel I tunes Match.

That means you cant switch stores.

You cant buy anything as your credit card company wont accept charges to your old address

you cant update your billing adress as it wont fit the format ( zip code etc) of your old store.

My subscription ends October 2013.

that means I cant buy new music or download apps until then.

Think I'll still be using apple products by then?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2013 5:09 AM in response to imsmart

You are screwed

They wont let you cancel I tunes match.

I'm in the same situation and have tried to explain this whole mess to Apple support.

They wont budge.

You cant cancel I tunes Match.

That means you cant switch stores.

You cant buy anything as your credit card company wont accept charges to your old address

you cant update your billing adress as it wont fit the format ( zip code etc) of your old store.

My subscription ends October 2013.

that means I cant buy new music or download apps until then.

Think I'll still be using apple products by then?

May 9, 2013 10:53 AM in response to imsmart

You probably can't cancel the sub but you can change the country for App Store. I did this on my mac by accessing my iTunes account, clicking on change country or region. When you get to the change country page with the message re the active iTunes Match sub, scroll to the bottom of the page where there are more options, one of which is change country under the manage list. I chose the uk here and it restored my App Store to uk on all my devices.

Not sure you can do this from the iPad.

Hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2015 3:06 AM in response to imsmart

I am all life long expat lived in Venezuela, Brasil, Kuwait, ..., Mexico and now Spain (moving to Egypt), just to be straight, Apple, this multinational group, DOES NOT GIVE A **** about us, multinational people, changing country because 1. Surely we are a minority that does not represent substantial income at world level and solving our problems is not priority, 2. They DO CONTROL regional selling price restricting possibility of A person to buy an article in US instead of lets say EU where the price can easily be 30% higher. eg. the sport iwatch +- 350 USD in apple store US / almost 450 EUR in apple store ES through this change country restriction.

So forget about changing country for your apple account... You have to cancel your entire nice icloud set up (if you have children and use this nice family ******** you will see the desaster...) and create a new one...

Good luck and welcome to the multinational world ...

Naoll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.