Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS "template"

I have a peculiar problem in my messaging (SMS) application.

One of the messages that I had sent previously now appears as a sort of template everytime I try to create a new message or forward a message. for example, If I had sent a message "Hello John" sometime back.

Now everytime I want to send a new message to anyone , the message "Hello John " appears in the message box. I need to delete it and write my new message.

Everytime I have a message that I need TO FORWARD to someone else, I still get "hello John" in my forwarding message box. So I now need to copy the message I need to forward and then paste it on top of the "Hello John" appearing in the message box.

I took an appointment at the Apple Store and the "Genius" said this is the first time he is seeing this and asked me to try and do a complete restore.I did a backup and restore . It did not work. I still have "Hello John" coming up .

Please do let me know of suggestions as to how I can delete this "template" message .

thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:41 AM

There are no replies.

SMS "template"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.