Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing hard drive space after bootcamp partition

After making a 60gb partition with Boot Camp Assistant, Bootcamp closed without error message (i assumed it was trying to restart but i had programs running). However now in disk utility or when i try to run the windows disc, there is no partition available even though the 500gb hard drive shows up as 420gb used and 18gb unused (and 499gb big).
I have tried repairing in disk utility on startup
i have reset the NVRAM or whatever it is called.
Can't run boot camp assistaint again because it says i require at least 10gb of space.

Can anyone help me finish the installation?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:40 AM

9 replies

Mar 6, 2013 9:00 AM in response to betachange

If done correctly it should not be necessary to reinstall anything, just restore the clone.

Buy 2 drives, a backup drive should be at least as large as the drive it is backing up, and yours is almost full at the moment.

My suggestion, clone your internal drive to an external, this is for restoration. The restoration can be done to any compatible drive so buy the biggest you can afford/fit.

Backup is another issue, if you choose Time Machine your existing internal drive will be too small to accommodate a 1Tb replacement drive for very long, but it's a start.

Choose what you wish to do, post back if you need assistance.

Missing hard drive space after bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.