Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving TM drive

I am currently using a 2TB drive in an external SATA 3 enclosure as a Time Machine disk for my Mac Pro 10.6.8. The disk has two partitions, one to back up my 250GB SSD startup drive and one to back up my 500GB data drive. Since my Mac Pro sometimes loses connection with the eSATA enclosure I have decided to remove that partitioned Time Machine drive into the Mac Pro's remaining free internal drive bay. So far I have Time Machine backing up only my boot disk to the TM drive but I plan on having it back up my Data disk on the backup drive's other (presently clean) partition once I relocate the drive into my Mac Pro. Two questions: 1) Will Time Machine recognize the transplanted drive and it's existing Time Machine file right off the bat? 2) In 10.6.8 can I have Time Machine back up two internal drives separately to two partitions on an internal Time Machine drive?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Apple RAID, 8 core Xeon 2009

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 7:58 AM

There are no replies.

Moving TM drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.