Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About taxes and accounts on different countries.

Hello Apple comunity!

About taxes;

Which ones apply to us, the customers?

The ones from our own Country, or the ones on US.

What difference in terms of taxes does it makes to register the account on a country different than the one in which we have our banking account?

Example:

I want to buy a U$1 song and my credit card is managed by a Colombian bank.

Does it cost the same if I bought it through the U.S. iTunes Store, or through the Colombia’s iTunes Store?

There is plenty of more content on the U.S stores (apps, books, musice, etc) than in other countries, but we eouldn't like to pay for extra fees.

Note: I've read the Terms And Conditions and couldn't find explicit info about this matters.

Hope to hear from you,

Andrés Mendoza.

iTunes Store Service-OTHER

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 12:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2013 12:38 PM in response to Andres_Mendoza

If you are in Columbia then you can only buy from the Columbian store, so the Columbian prices will apply - to be able to buy from the US store, you will need a valid US billing address and be in the US when buying from it, and you will be charged US taxes there.

From the US store's terms of use (and other country's stores will have similar statements) :

The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance.

About taxes and accounts on different countries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.