Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while trying to set up rights and pricing in iTunes Producer

I've been trying to set up my book in iTunes Producer. I am on the rights and pricing page and when I try to apply it, I keep getting an error message saying , "Error while fetching mass pricing information. *** -[__NSCFString substringToIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds"

I've tried changing several fields there like sales start date and territories and whatnot but nothing seems to work. I keep getting that error message. Any help?

iMac 27"

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 12:33 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2013 12:50 PM in response to Rockslide27

It appears that this error is caused by iTunes not loading all your metadata correctly in the screen you are looking at when you add territories. Just add a single territory, finish the process and after uploading...you can come back and start again. Surprise surprise, all your old territories are there. You will have to reload the new version, cover and preview and reload.

I called Apple and they have no idea what is causing this.

Hope this helps.

Apr 20, 2013 4:45 PM in response to Junie24

After much ado, I contacted Apple and they told me to perform the following steps to deal with the Rights and Pricing dilemma. Choose just one country, then submit book. After everything is accepted, sign in to iTunes Connect, Manage Your Books, choose your title with an incomplete rights/pricing list, then in the upper right hand corner of the page that appears, select the blue button, "Rights and Pricing". There you can add the rest of the countries without a hitch!

Error while trying to set up rights and pricing in iTunes Producer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.