Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X v10.6.2 update problems

I am currently using version 10.6.2 but when I run system update I get a list of updates needed, I will proceed the update process untill my computer restarts.

My issue is that im finding the mac will still be on the same version and has not updated. I have tried this a number of times and not had any successes. I then went on to download v10.6.8 as had been recommended by apple, when instantly into the installation process this will stop with installation failed. I have no clue as to why? I was going to try reboot my OS to v10.6.1 with the Disc which came with the mac, but my disc drive is now not reading most discs im unsure if this is something to do with the update issue also.

My main concern is to update my OS this not updating is meaning that I cannot update itunes and through that cannot connect my phone to itunes, iphoto etc to clear up some memory, I would also like to be able to update to v10.8 but cannot without the update including app store.

I am on a late 2009 27"iMac and if any one has any help I would much appreciate it. Not the most technical person although I will usually try resolve a problem by searching the net.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 1:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2013 6:14 PM in response to asheetoast

How large is your hard drive and how much hard drive space do you have left?

Disconnect all peripherals from your computer.

Boot from your install disc & run Repair Disk from the utility menu. To use the Install Mac OS X disc, insert the disc, and restart your computer while holding down the C key as it starts up.

Select your language.

Once on the desktop, select Utility in the menu bar.

Select Disk Utility.

Select the disk or volume in the list of disks and volumes, and then click First Aid.

Click Repair Disk.

Restart your computer when done.

Repair permissions after you reach the desktop-http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963 and restart your computer.

Download the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo. After the installation, again repair permissions and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

OS X v10.6.2 update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.