📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to buy microsoft Word for my new i mac--I do not want all the office programme?

Is it possible to buy "Word" for my new i mac?

iMac, iOS 6.1.1, I am unsure of iOS

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:16 PM

Not likely, but you can check at www.mactopia.com to see if it's available by itself.

You can try the freeware suite, Libre Office, that is functionally similar to Office 2007 for Windows except it works on Lion.

You may want to consider as well:

These two suites are similar to Libre Office but not as current or as well-supported:

NeoOffice

Open Office

And, then there is Apple's iWork suite:

Pages - word processing and layout

Keynote - presentation

Numbers - spreadsheet

Each can open and save Office compatible files. They may be purchased separately via the Mac App Store for $19.99 each.

(Access to the Mac App Store requires Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher and an Apple ID.)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2013 3:16 PM in response to stew1liz2

Not likely, but you can check at www.mactopia.com to see if it's available by itself.

You can try the freeware suite, Libre Office, that is functionally similar to Office 2007 for Windows except it works on Lion.

You may want to consider as well:

These two suites are similar to Libre Office but not as current or as well-supported:

NeoOffice

Open Office

And, then there is Apple's iWork suite:

Pages - word processing and layout

Keynote - presentation

Numbers - spreadsheet

Each can open and save Office compatible files. They may be purchased separately via the Mac App Store for $19.99 each.

(Access to the Mac App Store requires Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher and an Apple ID.)

Is it possible to buy microsoft Word for my new i mac--I do not want all the office programme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.