Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't connect to my mac os x server Via the web browser

Hey,

So it all started when my computer shut down because of power then... i go to my mac os x server VIA the web browser to register my mac book pro in the profile manager. My mac is a mac book pro that is for some reason running server its processor is a 2.3 GHz intel core i5 the memory is 4 gb 1333 mhz DDR3 i am running mac os x 10.8.2. So what i want to know is how to fix the could not connect to the server in firefox (i have tried in other browsers) and is it something i have done wrong with my DNS or my domain registar (godaddy) i can't connect in any way (localhost, 10.1.1.11 server.local, 192.1.11).

Please help, it will make my day if you do and you will get 10 points 🙂

Thanks

Jamie

Duke

Ellis

Mac OS X Server-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 1:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2013 5:29 AM in response to Jamie Duke

Hi Jamie,

You need to check your DNS settings if the server address (FQDN) redirects correctly.

Your client needs to know where to find the server by it's correct dns name otherwise profilemanagement will not function properly.

Then verify on the server itself whether you can see the server's website. That should work ok, if it doesn't start there to fix that.

Goodluck, let me know what's going on

Jeffrey

I can't connect to my mac os x server Via the web browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.