Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel app auto renewal on my ipad

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:49 PM

There are instructions on this page for managing and stopping auto-renewing subscriptions : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

1. From your device's Home screen, tap App Store.
  2. Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
  4. Tap the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not signed in, tap the Sign In button, and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, scroll back to the bottom of the page, and tap the Apple ID button.)
  5. Tap the View Apple ID button.
  6. Enter your password and tap OK.
  7. From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions. If you don't have app subscriptions this button will not be displayed.
  8. You'll then be taken to your App Subscriptions page.

To turn off auto-renewal:

1. From your Manage App Subscription page, choose an app subscription.
  2. Tap the subscription category for which you want to disable auto-renewal.
  3. Tap On to toggle the switch to Off.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2013 10:49 PM in response to Morganthemoon

There are instructions on this page for managing and stopping auto-renewing subscriptions : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

1. From your device's Home screen, tap App Store.
  2. Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
  4. Tap the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not signed in, tap the Sign In button, and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, scroll back to the bottom of the page, and tap the Apple ID button.)
  5. Tap the View Apple ID button.
  6. Enter your password and tap OK.
  7. From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions. If you don't have app subscriptions this button will not be displayed.
  8. You'll then be taken to your App Subscriptions page.

To turn off auto-renewal:

1. From your Manage App Subscription page, choose an app subscription.
  2. Tap the subscription category for which you want to disable auto-renewal.
  3. Tap On to toggle the switch to Off.

Oct 24, 2013 3:14 AM in response to King_Penguin

I believe i have already turned off auto-renewal but i don't remember.

What happens now is that i don't see an option to cancel subscription, i can only see options to renew subscription.

I really want to cancel this subscription and don't have a clue.

Probably i canceled auto-renewal and its already canceled but i am not sure.

Any suggestions are apreciatedd

Oct 24, 2013 3:28 AM in response to AlexRufus

If you don't get the option to cancel the auto-renewal then that implies to me that you've already cancelled it, and that it won't renew at the end of the current subscription. If you want to cancel it during the current active subscription period then you would need to try contacting iTunes Support : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page

Are you able to select the subscription on your account, and if so does auto-renewal button show e.g. from the link from my previous post there are these screenshots :

iPad :

User uploaded file

computer's iTunes :

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.