Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

macbook troubles?  Mouse is sticking

1393 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2006 2:46 PM by Hayssam Zakaria RSS
1 2 Previous Next
dumbosfeather Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 18, 2006 6:26 PM
has anyone using macbook experienced the mouse not being operable for a matter of seconds after you open, close, or delete files and folders while workingin the Finder windows?

I have bben experiencing this problem a lot and was wondering if there is a setting or something that i could fix. Thanks
MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 2 old school imacs (graphite and blueberry)
  • Kalel Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)
    May 19, 2006 1:12 AM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    I have not experienced this myself. Are you running things under Rosetta? It could possibly be that you system is tapped out and has a bit of a hiccup each time. Are you running with 512MB of RAM?

Kalel
    mac mini, imac 17" w/ dell 2405, Macbook 2.0 duo, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • neoxp Level 1 Level 1 (80 points)
    May 19, 2006 1:45 AM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    I've noticed that my trackpad becomes sluggish when I've got a lot of apps open and one of the is processing something. I'm hoping some more RAM will sort this one out.
    White MacBook - 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 12inch G4 PowerBook
  • Strap Calculating status...
    May 19, 2006 11:21 AM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    Do you have dragging and drag lock enabled? Although this is a useful feature, I find it more cumbersome than not.
    WhiteBook 2.0GHz Superdrive, Mac OS X (10.4.6), ibook 700MHz G3 Combo
  • Edward Starkie Calculating status...
    May 19, 2006 3:00 PM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    My cursor sticks in excel which is totally annoying. It also randomly sticks every time i use the keyboard to scroll in safari. It also freezes randomly afetr I scroll in other apps using the keys. I seem to be able to get rid of the problem either by presseing command save or by doing a force quit where I do not then actually quit the app. Just bringing up the force quit window frees up the cursor. Anyone else have any solutions/ideas?

Ed
    Powerbook G4 12 1G, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • Edward Starkie Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    May 19, 2006 3:05 PM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    Btw, just updated prefs, have a new macbook 1.83 with 2GB memory so the mouse sticking is definitely not a memory problem. Was ata a meeting yesterday crunching numbers when it kept freezing.
    Macbook 1.83, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 2gb
  • Eric Bostrom Calculating status...
    May 19, 2006 3:46 PM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    My second one does that occasionally, the first didn't. I figured it had to do with it interpretting my one finger as two (I have 2 finger right click enabled).
    macbook 1.83ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • christkv Calculating status...
    May 19, 2006 4:55 PM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    I got my Macbook yesterday and I'm experiencing a pretty bad problem. I do a lot of development on my mac and that involves quite a bit of compilation of libraries using Darwinports and other C++ libraries.

After about 10 minutes of load the machine will shut itself off (probably due to the thermal sensors kicking in). I can't hear any fan noise at all so it does not seem to be running or running at a very low speed. I'm going to take it to the Soho store tomorrow and hopefully they will replace it.

Has anybody had any similar experiences (and by the way mine is the black version)
    MacBook Black, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • drumdude Calculating status...
    May 20, 2006 11:42 AM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    I had the same mouse problem with my MacBook and found the fix to be in System Prefs for the Trackpad. Uncheck all the "two-fingered" click stuff, etc. -- the new stuff they've put into the Trackpad prefs -- and that should solve your "freezing pointer" problem
    MacBook (black), Mac OS X (10.4.6), iMac G5, G4 Quicksilver, iMac G4, eMac, eMate, Newton
  • panacea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    May 21, 2006 6:40 AM (in response to dumbosfeather)
    I found I was having a similar problem. Unchecking 'Ignore accidental trackpad input' in the System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Trackpad window resolved it.

MacBook 1.83 13in 2Gb Ram 60Gb HD   Mac OS X (10.4.6)  
  • David Parker4 Calculating status...
    May 22, 2006 2:03 PM (in response to panacea)
    This is an obvious glitch. Personally I can't live without the two finger scroll... so I'm hoping Apple will have this fixed with the next system update.
1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.