Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Radio or Store in iTunes

I've all but given up on this. My previous posts on this had 50 views, no comments or responses. Somewhere out there there's a iMac G4 flat panel user running OS 10.3.9 and listening to iTunes radio . My problem? Excellent Internet reception, no iTunes radio or iTunes store connection. I have tried iTunes versions 4, 7.7.1, and now 7.4. Nothing. Somebody out there has to have an idea. None of these products are covered by phone support anymore. I can get to any website with either Safari or Firefox, but no Radio or iTunes Store connections. It's driving me crazy. Anyone???????

iMac flat screen

Oh yeah...one more bizarre thing...I can open other internet radio stations and they play in my Music section. The Radio window is blank with no stations or information listed.

Figure this out!?!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x), iTunes

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 7:53 AM

I can't address radio, but I can tell you that you will not be able to connect to the iTunes Store using such an old version of iTunes. The iTunes Store has changed far beyond what those old versions of iTunes can handle. The old version of iTunes that has any chance of working with the iTunes Store is iTunes 9.2.1, if even that will still work, and iTunes 9.2.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later. The Radio tuner server may similarly no longer work with those old versions of iTunes, but I can't say for sure.

Sorry, but time has marched on and left your G4 in the dust, I'm afraid. You can if you wish find a retail copy of Mac OS X 10.4 and upgrade your iMac and see if iTunes 9.2.1 will work. But it may well be time to put that old G4 out to pasture and move up to an Intel-based Mac.

Regards.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2013 7:53 AM in response to Randy Allen

I can't address radio, but I can tell you that you will not be able to connect to the iTunes Store using such an old version of iTunes. The iTunes Store has changed far beyond what those old versions of iTunes can handle. The old version of iTunes that has any chance of working with the iTunes Store is iTunes 9.2.1, if even that will still work, and iTunes 9.2.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later. The Radio tuner server may similarly no longer work with those old versions of iTunes, but I can't say for sure.

Sorry, but time has marched on and left your G4 in the dust, I'm afraid. You can if you wish find a retail copy of Mac OS X 10.4 and upgrade your iMac and see if iTunes 9.2.1 will work. But it may well be time to put that old G4 out to pasture and move up to an Intel-based Mac.

Regards.

Mar 7, 2013 9:46 AM in response to varjak paw

Out to pasture????!!! What???!!! Seriously though, thank you for replying. This computer is solely for nostalgic purposes. I have gone on the Internet to free radio and it plays through iTunes, so good enough. Just no stations listed in iTunes. Weird because back in 2002 all was well. I guess the technological advances surpass the software and hardware now. Other than the iTunes thing, it runs better than ever. Just like the look of this little beauty. Kind of like restoring a classic car. Thanks again for the input.

Truly appreciated,

Randy

Mar 7, 2013 1:00 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks again. Maybe there's another collector who will benefit from this thread. If so, just note that if you select "Let iTunes take care of my internet sound/music" when you're setting up iTunes, you can import these free internet stations into your music library, then make a radio station playlist in iTunes. That's where I am now.

Apple Rocks! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

User uploaded file

No Radio or Store in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.