Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renumbering lists

I created a numbered list as a document manually, that is, by typing the number, adding a period, a space, then the line of text. But now I need to go into the document and modify some numbers, the add one. Pages is not letting me modify the numbers; it's treating them as protected in some way...all I can do is delete the whole numbered line and retype it. I don't want to have to retype the entire document, obviously. Is there any way I can get Pages to let me change an 11 to a 12? Seems simple enough.

macbook pro and quad core mac pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 6:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2013 10:21 PM in response to photoboydc

Hi photoboy,

Select the whole list.

Inspector > Text > List > Bullets and Numbering, choose No Bullets from the Pop-up Menu.

The numbers will disappear.

With the whole list still selected, choose Numbers from the Pop-up Menu.

The numbers will reappear, but now you must choose whether to start the list at 1, or follow on from some previous list.

If that doesn't work, copy the list and paste into TextEdit. Copy and paste back into Pages, select the whole list and reapply List in Inspector.

Regards,

Ian.

Renumbering lists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.