4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 9:23 PM by Niku
Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

I have Mountain Lion 10.8.2 installed, and I always update as soon as I become aware that updates are available. The thing that I wonder about is my version of Quicktime, which is Quicktime Player 7 (April 9, 2009). What makes me wonder is that I've been reading about Quicktime X. Should that have come with Mountain Lion, or is it something that I should be downloading?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7 (20,645 points)

In my Applications folder my QuickTime has version 10.2.

Do you have that also?  Perhaps you also have the old QuickTime 7 installed.  But QuickTime X should be installed with ML.

• Lanny Level 5 Level 5 (5,200 points)

It comes with Mountain Lion and should be in your Applications folder. Quicktime 7 will have been relocated to your Applications/Utilities folder.

• Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

Lanny,

You're right, and FAST. Anyway, I looked again, and I saw that there was a Quicktime Player app. in addition to Quicktime Player 7. That wasn't enough to solve the mystery, but when I right-clicked it and then "info." I saw that it was version 10.2, so everything's okay and up-to-date. Thanks.

• Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

William,

Well, I have to give credit to both you and Lanny, because you're the one who said to look for Quicktime  version10.2.Thanks for the help.