Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this normal for macbook pro?

Hi, so I recently bought a macbook pro 15 retina early 2013 model.

What I notice is that my battery percent go down pretty quick I never really timed how long it last because I always charge it back up when I hit like 60 or 70%. I did these system rest and mirgration assistant command thing. When I click on battery indicator to check how long it will last, it shows like 8 hours or about 7 hours when it is at 100%. But when I use it, I notice the percents go down really quick. I would occasionally click on indicator to check the remaining time and It would show like 3 hours left and then it would go back up to 5hours and such.

Is this normal? Does this happen to other people too?

And I am on lastest ios version.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 1:31 AM

3 replies

Mar 7, 2013 1:35 AM in response to Av0id99

Even on my late 2011 model, when I'm on battery power the time remaining will fluctuate. I think that it simply depends on what's going on with the machine at the time that you check the time remaining. It's going to be less if you're engaged in CPU/GPU intensive tasks and more if you're just surfing the Internet and the like.

Nothing to worry about - it's normal.

Clinton

Is this normal for macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.