Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get camera roll pictures to computer?

So I wanna get my camera roll pictures to my computer before I completely redo my ipod cause Im scared theyll be deleted. I know on computers with out windows 8 you can go to "my computer" and find you ipod name & get to your pictures. On the computer I want to use I have windows 8 (with all the colored tiles)

Is there a way to still do that? i plugged in my ipod to my computer & tried to do it but couldnt find my ipod name.

if anyone knows what to do get them off & to my computer with out itunes & what i have to do isnt that complicated, please let me know.

iPod touch, I have iOS 4.3.5

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:25 PM

8 replies

Mar 9, 2013 7:51 AM in response to Diavonex

I just wanna know plain & simple whether or not my camera roll will be deleted or still be there when I have to redo my ipod. & if it will be the simplest way to get them to my computer before I do redo my ipod. I tried plugging it in and going to my computer but my ipod names wasnt there.

I dont want some complicated link that seems like it has nothing to do with what im asking.

I have the newest window with the colored block things.

Mar 12, 2013 2:36 AM in response to gerald83

Try using the photo-management software built in to your computer's operating system:

Mac OS X: Open Image Capture (located in the Applications folder).

Windows XP: Open the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard by choosing Start > All Programs > Accessories.

Windows Vista: Open Windows Photo Gallery by choosing Start > All Programs.

Windows 7: Choose Start > Computer. Right-click on the logo of the device under Portable Devices (if present) and choose Import Photos.

Additional Information

Windows 7 Ultimate N edition or KN edition may not recognize iOS devices as cameras if the Media Feature Pack is not installed. This is available from Microsoft as a download for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=31017ed3-166a-4c75-b 90c-a6cef9b414c4.

above from:

iOS: Unable to import photos to computer

Have you installed any camera or scanner programs on your computer?

Feb 10, 2015 1:03 AM in response to MariannaLyles

MariannaLyles did you notice that the post is almost two years old and you just repeated the link that was previously provided. Also, most users never mark their post as solved and I doubt the poster is still waiting for an answer.

MariannaLyles wrote:

It's easy, I show you one guide: How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. If still have difficulty transferring photos, reply to let me know.

How to get camera roll pictures to computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.