Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle charger on Ipad Mini

I have chargers for a Kindle and an iPad Mini. In both cases the transformers are built in to the mains plug and both have identical usb outlet ports to connect via a lead to the devices.

The mains plug of the Kindle charger delivers 5 volts 0.85amp = 4.25watts. The iPad mini equivalent delivers an output of 5 volts 1.0 amp = 5 watts.

If I put the iPad Mini usb charger lead in the Kindle mains plug and tried to charge my iPad mini with it at 5 volts 0.85amp = 4.25watts, would this cause any problems to the iPad Mini?

Likewise, could I use the iPad mains plug and the kindle lead to charge the Kindle at 5 volts 1.0 amp = 5 watts, would this cause any problem to the kindle?

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 4:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2013 4:51 AM in response to jbs12345

Either will charge either. All compliant USB chargers should be interchangeable to the extent that they'll work to charge things. It's just a question of how long they take. I'm not sure about Minis, but the charger that comes with an iPad is 12W, which will charge it faster, but a 5W one will work. too.

Kindle charger on Ipad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.