Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

proximity sensor not working

i recently broke my iphone´s screen, i could`t use it, because every time i used it i cut myself on the shattered glass so i went to ebay and found one of the cheapest replacement screen i could find ( because i couldn´t afford having someone fixing it, or bying something of better quality). I replaced the screen, everything seemed to be going well, until i found out that the proximity sensor wasn´t working. It is really annoying when i am calling someone or answering a call, because i keep putting them on hold, deactivating the microphone or hanging up accidently. Is there any way to fix this, either actually replacing some hardware (if it doesn´t cost to much) or with a Cydia tweak.

i apologise for my any mispellings or mistakes, English is not my first language.

thanks for your help 😀

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.2, 8 GB

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 12:10 PM

Take cellophane tape, the clear but opaque tape, (scotch tape), color it with black Sharpie Pen. Open iPhone, remove front screen, place small piece of this scotch tape over the two modules of the proximity sensor. Put iPhone back together.

1 reply

proximity sensor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.