Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix 139 error message. They say it's a firmware issue. Help!

Yesterday Netflix worked fine in the morning. I think I updated all the iPad apps at some point during the day. Last night it would go to Netflix and log on, but would not play any selections, giving me a 139:NFerr_MC_NoCDN message every time. I've called Netflix twice today. I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times, turning the iPad off in between those steps to reboot it. I can play movies on both my MacBook and my iPhone, so there's no problem with the account. Netflix now tells me it's a firmware issue with Apple. I'm not sure what that means and other than coming here, or driving to a city where there's an Apple Store, I don't know what next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 3:03 PM

7 replies

Dec 31, 2013 4:12 AM in response to Rebeccaonwheels

I've also been getting this error message on my Ipad 2 viewing Netflix, but only when my connection to the internet is on a "slow" WiFi/ADSL line. When using TWC cable WiFi in NYC, no problems at all. The solution found is to delete and reinstalling the app fro the AppStore. Has anyone heard from an Apple source with a solution? Is it a question of not enough free memory on the iPad?

Jan 1, 2014 9:54 AM in response to Rebeccaonwheels

Same problem here. The app opens fine, it just won't play videos and I get the same error. I've uninstalled, shut down my iPad, and reinstalled several times but nothing. I'm on my home wifi network, haven't changed my login, password, etc. The only thing I've done differently in the last week or so is download Chromecast and HuluPlus. But -- I've uninstalled, shut down, and reinstalled those as well. I can cast to Chromecast, no problem. Just can't play videos on the device itself.

????

Apr 29, 2014 7:34 AM in response to jestruch

I started having this same problem last night with my AppleTV. I could get into the Netflix app, see everything, but if I clicked on a something (My List, etc.) to try to select a movie I got a strange error message. Mine was slightly different than yours. I did all of the normal troubleshooting stuff, unplug, plug back in, restart, restore, etc. I called Netflix and was on with them for over a half hour. They ran me through the hoops then said they were baffled, said they had only come across a small handful of people who had this problem and that it was an Apple problem. Why? I was told because I could get into my account on my other devices. Not so fast people... everything else, every single other app works perfectly and can be accessed. It's THEIR Netflix app that's broke. BUT, for my inconvenience, they would give me a free month on my account (what does that tell you?). The problem had been handed over to engineering and someone would be calling me within 48 hours, they said. Okay, after my rant here, how was your problem eventually resolved?

Netflix 139 error message. They say it's a firmware issue. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.