Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Link Keynote Remote on iPad to Mac?

Keynote Mavens,

According to Apple's documentation, IOS Keynote Remote (iPhone, iPod or iPad) will connect with Keynote on a Mac.

For example (from Using Keynote Remote at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3325):

Select the checkbox next to Enable iPhone and iPod touch Remotes. (This also enables iPad remotes).

While my iPhone Pairs in ~250 milliseconds via Bluetooth with my iMac...neither my iPad 2 nor iPad Mini Pairs.

Pairing between an iPad and iMac seems to almost work:

• When attempting to Pair either iPad, Keynote Remote | Settings | New Link will display a 4 digit code.
  • Keynote on the iMac | Preferences | Remote displays a dialogue box which (when "New Keynote Link..." is touched on the iPad) lists the applicable device and asks for the 4 digit code.
  • When the 4 digit code is entered, Keynote on the iMac displays a message (forever...I've let it run over 3 minutes) "Verifying remote passcode."

Your thoughts? Is there a way to use Keynote Remote via Bluetooth Pairing on an iPad with an iMac?

Thanks!

Plane Wryter

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 3:55 PM

There are no replies.

How Link Keynote Remote on iPad to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.