Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brightness is stuck at 0% and my brightness key isn't working. What do I do?

I was trying to get the light under the keyboard dimmed down but held down the screen brightness key by accident, dimming my screen down to 0%. The problem is my F2 button doesn't work due to me getting a little water in it while I was trying to clean the keyboard awhile ago. Now my screen is stuck at 0% with no brightness key. I tried plugging in another keyboard but that didn't work. Restarting doesn't work either since it just reboots to 0% brightness. I'm stuck in a pretty serious pickle, if you guys could help me out that would be awesome. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 7:18 PM

7 replies

Mar 7, 2013 8:06 PM in response to iperrytnk

Hi iperrytnk,

I've been looking around to see if there was anything else you could do to remedy this, but just not seeing any other alternatives.

Since the F2 key is messed up anyway, have you tried slightly lifting it, or joggling it, or even taking it off to see if you can get the key to respond in even the smallest way? If you could just get one click up, you'd be able to go to Preferences and fix it that way

I'm guessing a trip to the Apple Store is in order no matter what....

Sorry I couldn't find any way for you to get out of the dark here....😟

Good luck, and if anything miraculous happens, let me know!!!

Cheers,

GB

My brightness is stuck at 0% and my brightness key isn't working. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.