Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pair my Plantronics BackBeat Go Wireless Bluetooth headset to my Mac Mini?

Someone help! I called Plantronics tech support and they said I have to find out if my Mac Mini supports bluetooth audio files. Everytime I try and pair my headphones to my Mac Mini it doesnt show up as discoverable. I'm wondering if I can manually input it somehow to find my headphones or if there is some type of bluetooth driver i'm supposed to have. My Mac Mini is running OS 10.6.8 (Mac Mini 4,1).

Anyone else have this problem?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), I'm using my MacMini in Florida

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:10 PM

8 replies

Oct 27, 2014 8:04 PM in response to AlbertoFromFL

I had a problem paring my MacBook Pro to my Plantronics Back Beat Go 2 wireless earbuds. I would search for, but not find, my BBG2. I turned off every other bluetooth device in the house, made sure I had done a "forget device" on all of them. Nothing worked, until...

I turned the WiFi off on my Mac. As soon as I turned WiFi off, POOF! it found my BBG2 earbuds, paired with them, and works like a champ now. It uses both the input and output features of the earbuds with the MacBook Pro.

So, if Plantronics won't pair with your MacBook (and I'm on Yosemite) try turning off WiFi and THEN pairing with the comp.

Nov 29, 2014 6:36 AM in response to AlbertoFromFL

I think one of the problems people are having is they think that just turning on the headset puts it in pairing mode. That only works when you power up for the first time. To get your headset in pairing mode; with it in your ears so you can hear it, push and hold the power on button until it says pairing [or until you see the lights flashing blue/red], then it should be found by your device.

How to pair my Plantronics BackBeat Go Wireless Bluetooth headset to my Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.