Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password and security questions

I Set up my icloud account a while ago, all of a sudden today it kept asking me for my password then wouldn't sign me in with the password for my account... I tried to reset using security questions however I have forgotten the answers (fav job, least fav job) have I lost my account for good?

Can't reset via email as I'm no longer signed in on any device.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 8:18 PM

2 replies

Mar 7, 2013 8:25 PM in response to MichaelJohns

You may have. Without the password or the answers to your security questions I don't know how you're going to regain access. Probably all you can do at this point is go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, choose Keep on My iPhone when prompted, then set up a new account with a new ID and choose Merge to upload your data to the new account. You would have to leave your current iCloud email address behind.

Before deleting the account, if you have any photos in your my photo stream album that you want to keep, save them to your camera roll (tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll), and email your notes to yourself so you don't lose them.

I forgot my password and security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.