Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimum font size that's universal for browsing?

I keep my font setting in Safari to never go smaller than 14 but most web pages I visit have garbled text until I either enlarge or reduce it. Is there a universal font size that will keep pages cleanly laid out and not stacking and garbling the text? The screenshots show the differences in text on the left and right. Bottom is 14 font and top is either 15 or 16, whatevers one (command + plus) up. Thanks User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Quad Core! Four is more...

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 9:14 PM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2013 2:18 PM in response to downtownbarber

downtown --

Try 12. That way you will get very few line screw-ups, and you should be able to reach a good compromise that way. As to special text, the people who design the webpages generally stick to the ones most easiy read. Have you tried various brightnesses for your display?

I'll be getting my rMBP next week, and I'm looking forwardd to seeing if I see any great difference.

😎

Optimum font size that's universal for browsing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.