Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture don't read my video .mov anymore, it did'nt import them too!

today after a backup needed from a timemachine disk, i noticed that aperture did'nt import .mov from my canon 7D anymore... it can import photo but nom video? moreover now it didn't manage to read my movies imported before...

i deleted aperture preferences in my library

then deleted aperture

and downloading it again from applestore

i got finalcut X too... it see my movie from my canon 7D and can import them as photo too...

i don't understand

HELP please!

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4), i7 32 go of RAM and 1Go graphic car

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 2:13 AM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2013 2:59 AM in response to Laurent Vieillefault

Laurent,

have a look at this thread - maybe you have a similar problem.

All my movies in Aperture show as corrupted

When you did the Time Machine backup, did you install some software, or run some cleaning/helper/maintainance applications? This looks like a typical corruption of drivers needed to display/import movies caused by incompatible video software installation.

Is your profile signature still current (iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4))? What is your Aperture version?

Regards

Léonie

Mar 8, 2013 5:41 AM in response to léonie

Thanks... for your try to help me... it seems that timemachine backup is the guilty... the right way to got the movies back in aperture is the following...

on Macosx LION

1 - reboot and maintain cmd - R

when the menu prompt you to choose what to do

2 - select install macosx LION

3 - enter your apple ID

(the F.......G language selector flag is on the upright at the screen i see it after on my 27" why do you have made so little? do you imagine how hard it is to tape password and name in qwerty when you got an azerty keyboard... shame on you)

4 - wait the job to be done

5 - your mac reboot and work

Now aperture seems to work correctly, i can see the movie on my canon EOS 7 and import them, all the old movies are back

Aperture don't read my video .mov anymore, it did'nt import them too!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.