Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move my podcast hosting & store xml on blogspot?

Hello,

I currently have my podcast on iTunes but they are being hosted on podomatic.com. I don't like that site because once I reach a certain amount of podcast I will have to delete or upgrade my account. I want to host the podcast off of mediafire & have iTunes take the xml file from my blogspot page. Some please help me with this.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 9:56 AM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2013 10:04 AM in response to MarquisBee

The basic method of moving a podcast involves adding a special tag to the old feed and leaving it there for a couple of weeks; this will move iTunes and subscribers to the new feed. The method is described here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move

I'm not familiar with Podomatic but it may be that, like a lot of these services, it doesn't allow you direct access to the feed to modify it, nor to add this tag as it has no interest in allowing you to move to another service.

In this event you will need to email Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and ask them to move the Store to using the new feed: give the them iTunes Store URL of your podcast and both feed URLs.

How do I move my podcast hosting & store xml on blogspot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.