Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture photos won't upgrade

I just had my iMac hard drive replaced, due to a recall. When trying to reinstall my Aperture library from an external hard drive, I get the message they need to upgrade. I am running Aperture 3.2.4, on OS 10.6.8 and every time I have tried to upgrade my photos, the scanning bar continues to move but nothing else happens. This has been allowed to go on for hours but nothing changes. I have reinstalled Aperture a couple of times and nothing seems to help.

I would appreciate any suggestions, hopefully in lay terms.

Thank you.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 10:15 AM

What Aperture version are you upgrading from and how large is your Aperture library? For a really large Aperture Library the upgrade can seem to hang for hours. If your library is close to a Terabyte let the upgrade run.

Sometimes the upgrade of the Aperture library hangs, if the Aperture library has a corruption and needs repairing. In that case try the Aperture library First Aid Tools and repair or rebuild the Aperture Library before trying to upgrade.

Launch Aperture with the ⌥⌘-key combination firmly held down and select "Repair Database" from the panel.

Regards

Léonie

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2013 10:15 AM in response to Windsor985

What Aperture version are you upgrading from and how large is your Aperture library? For a really large Aperture Library the upgrade can seem to hang for hours. If your library is close to a Terabyte let the upgrade run.

Sometimes the upgrade of the Aperture library hangs, if the Aperture library has a corruption and needs repairing. In that case try the Aperture library First Aid Tools and repair or rebuild the Aperture Library before trying to upgrade.

Launch Aperture with the ⌥⌘-key combination firmly held down and select "Repair Database" from the panel.

Regards

Léonie

Aperture photos won't upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.